We believe that purchasing a home is one of the biggest investments you will make. We offer you peace of mind in protecting your investment with a one year limited Home Warranty and partner you with a Warranty Representative. Your Home Warranty not only protects your investment, but also educates you on how to keep your home in tip-top shape for years to come.
- Education and tips on the maintenance and care of your new home.
- A clear understanding of what is covered by the warranty and who is responsible for replacement or repair.
- No Surprises! We outline our standards so you know what to expect from us.
- We want to earn your trust: We are proud of the homes we deliver to every homeowner and recognize some items in the home may require follow-up work.
- We help protect your investment; your new home is one of the best investments you will make.
- All issues are managed by us - you don’t have to worry about contacting subcontractors for warranty issues - simply contact us directly!
How it works
- Meet your Warranty Representative at your Structural Orientation.
- After your New Homeowner Orientation and sign-off, your Warranty Representative goes through your warranty program introduction. Your Warranty Representative will manage your warranty requests for you.
- Your one year limited home warranty starts when you get your keys.
- We check in with you twice during your warranty period to make sure everything in your home is operating as it should. We do this:
- 30 Days after your warranty starts
- 30 Days prior to the end of your warranty program
- Any items that need to be addressed during the 12 month warranty period need to be submitted through the warranty request service.
Here are some of the items covered under your limited warranty. Please click the headings below. Refer to your Homeowner’s Guide for a complete list.
Hose bibs (leaking)
Defect in plumbing materials
Siding coming off
Doors need adjusting
Door knobs need adjusting
Garage door needs adjustment
Light fixtures not working
GFI not working
Electrical plug not working
Electrical switch not working
Flooring (tile, wood, vinyl, etc.) within the performance guidelines & proper home care
Flooring tile needs grout touchup (Offer touch-up at 11-month review)
Paint touch-up on drywall repairs
Doors don’t close
Cabinet doors loose / warped
Shower door needs adjusted
Plumbing leak @ fixture or exposed beneath cabinet or at toilet
Plumbing fixtures – toilet tank, bowl, valves, shower / tub fixtures
Fireplace won’t light
Manufacturer warranty only
HVAC: no heat / no cooling
Airflow / balance
Thermostat not working
Condensation line leaking
Exhaust fan not working
Window – latch hardware not working
Squeak in floor framing
Squeak in stairs
Framing-bow in wall
Water intrusion – plumbing leak, roofing, window failure, window flashing
These are simple things you can do to keep your home in tip-top shape and protect your investment for years to come.
- Inspect and change out HVAC filters (every 1-2 months).
- Inspect your fire extinguisher(s).
- Do Not Use Water to clean floors. Never wet mop, damp-mop or clean your floor with water or other products. Recommended cleaner is "Bona".
Test smoke/carbon monoxide detectors.
- Test garage door auto-reverse feature. Also test the photo-electric sensors.
- Test smoke/carbon monoxide detectors.
- Test your water heater’s pressure relief valve. This will prevent mineral and corrosion buildup, which safeguards against leaks.
- Replace batteries in smoke/carbon monoxide detectors.
- Vacuum your refrigerator coils. Over time, the coils get dirty and your fridge requires more electricity.
- Check the exterior drainage. Puddles should not stand around your home for more than 24 hours.
- Clean out gutters.
- Get your air conditioning system ready for summer; consider having it serviced.
- Clear dead plants/shrubs from the house. Plants work into cracks and holes on the exterior of your home, causing damage.
- Check grout in bathrooms, kitchen, etc.; repair as needed.
- Inspect plumbing for leaks, clean aerators on faucets.
- Check and clean dryer vent, other exhaust vents to exterior of home. Also vacuum the lint from the hose at the dryer.
- Flush hot water heater. (Voids warranty if not done).
- Winterize air conditioning systems.
- Get furnace serviced/inspected.
- Check driveway/pavement for cracks. Re-seal before winter; water can freeze and expand in the cracks, causing more damage.
- Regularly check for ice dams and icicles.
- Check caulking around showers and bathtubs; repair as needed.
- Remove showerheads and clean sediment.
For more details or to speak with a Warranty Representative, contact our office at 208.424.0020.