Taking part in the Scarecrow Contest is easy, and it’s so much fun! Here’s how to get started:
1) Register by filling out an entry form. You can find it here! The deadline is Monday, October 12 at 5PM.
2) Gather your group and get the creative juices flowing! You can make your scarecrow spooky or silly, or you can even give it a special theme. Here’s some terrific inspiration to help your group brainstorm a scarecrow idea.
3) Collect your supplies! Making a scarecrow doesn’t have to be costly or complicated. Consider stuff that’s scattered in your garage or basement, or gather those ancient clothes at the back of your closet that have “garage sale” written all over them. Scarecrows are a great way to “repurpose” old items. Click here for more budget-friendly ideas!
4) HAVE FUN! Building a scarecrow is a terrific way to enjoy a beautiful autumn day with kids! Even the littlest ones can help with tasks like stuffing straw, and it’s great when a whole group can work together to bring a project to life. The Coleman crew had a fantastic time building a scarecrow of their own — take a look!
5) Drop off your scarecrow creation at your assigned community on Friday, October 16 between 12 and 6PM. Watch for emails verifying your drop-off location.
6) Invite your friends and family to visit and vote for your scarecrow between October 19 and 25 so your group can WIN a cash prize!